Friday, January 25, 2013

Adorable Neighbor Dog & School Lunch

I've been trying to make friends and win this little guy over. I feel bad that he's out in the snow today. It's been snowing quite a bit lately and is extremely cold out. I had some leftover chicken that I took down to him this morning and he let me get close enough to take a picture. He's very skittish. However, this evening, when I came home, he came out of the gate to greet me, jumping all around excitedly, wagging his tail! It made my heart smile. I think he may have thought I had something else for him.
Work was good, but tiring. We didn't get a lunch break today because we had to practice a play and clean the classroom. It was a little angering, but the director eventually offered us the school lunch, which I was grateful for. They used to be free for the teachers, but she decided last week that we have to pay 5,000 won ($5) for them now, which is a bit ridiculous considering I can get a full meal at a restaurant nearby for that or less.

The school lunches here are quite different from the school lunches back in the States. It made me smile to have chopsticks and a metal tray full of such small little healthy options. The director and Korean teachers think it's funny that I'm constantly taking pictures of the food here. My mother asked me the other day what the lunches at school were like, so I thought I'd post a pic for anyone else who may be curious.
School lunch: spinach kimchi, pork, miso soup, lettuce with soybean paste, and rice


No comments:

Post a Comment