Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Photos in the Classroom

The kids stole my camera today and wanted to take pictures. One of my 5 year olds took this picture of Grace and me. The camera weighs just about as much as he does. He could barely hold it up, but he sure did capture a good shot!

Grace & me
Grace is one of my favorites, if not my favorite. She's the sweetest, most affectionate little girl you'll ever meet. Every time she sees me she's yelling "Amber teacher!!" and smiling/waving like crazy. She hugs me every morning when she comes into the classroom and kisses my hand every time she leaves.

The other day she and a couple of the other kids were pushing each other and fighting over who was going to sit next to me during play practice. It's pretty amazing to feel so loved by these sweet, innocent little souls. The 5 year old class is the most hard to manage because they have such short attention spans and don't want to stay in their seats, but they're definitely the cutest.

The 13 year old girls are fun too. They don't want to learn or study very much, but they respond to me very well. I've been extremely surprised at how much I like this age group. I always said I'd never want to teach that age and above because it's such an awkward age. I just remember how insecure and rebellious I was as a teenager and how rude and mean some of my classmates were to the teachers. It isn't like I thought it would be at all. They're actually one of my favorite classes. I did a lesson on Justin Bieber the other day and they freaked out. They don't like to focus on learning English very much, but they did that day!

They stole my camera today too. They called me "old" and then "halmeoni / 할머니" which means grandma in Korean. Hence, the grandma wig. Our curriculum consists of role play centers (a police station, a hospital, a restaurant, a house and a beauty shop which is where they grabbed the wigs from for the pics).







No comments:

Post a Comment